Adverbs of degree
Examples of Degree Adverbs
Adverbs of Degree (sometimes called Degree Adverbs) describe how much or the degree to which the action expressed by the verb is carried out.
- She is considerably hungry for success.
- The price of stocks has increased enormously.
- He was drunk and could hardly get his hands on the keys.
- I agree completely with everything that has been said.
- Their performance was immensely brilliant.
|Examples of Degree Adverbs|
Degree adverbs that modify only adjectives and other adverbs include rather and very.
Adverbs of degree are also amplifiers—a form of intensifiers— which can be used to intensify adjectives and other adverbs. See intensifiers Opens in new window